Thursday, March 19, 2015

Black Cat at Music Education Expo - a visitor's view

Music Education Expo 2015

"Last week I had the opportunity to visit the Barbican Centre and wander the vast halls of this year's Music Education Expo 2015.

This is the first year that I had attended and I wasn’t too sure what to expect."

 Read the full story here 

"My first stop was a seminar from Blackcat Music (www.blackcatmusic.com).
The session was called “Acoustics For Dummies”.
Now, I’m not an expert in this field by any means, but I found this a very clear and useful seminar.

The information was put into every day terms and showed ways of combating reverberations (echoes) in both rooms and theatres.
The highlight of the seminar was a short demonstration, showing the team constructing one of their sound isolating practice rooms in under 10 minutes!
To say I was impressed with the product would be an understatement!
The whole design was brilliant, there were even ports built in, to allow cables through without letting noise in or out as well as a completely silent fan for fresh air. Perhaps the most impressive detail though, is that the booths can be made into any size you wish and because its a modular design, its entirely portable!"

No comments:

Post a Comment